Travelling to Barcelona
The Barcelona airport (code BCN), with several terminals, is located 16 kilometers south of the city and is also known as Barcelona-El Prat. Barcelona can also be reached by transport links from other regional airports, including Girona, Reus and Lleida -Alguaire.
Metro line L9 Sud links Airport terminals T1 and T2 with the city of Barcelona every 7 minutes. There are three stations where you can change to other lines in the metro network: Torrassa (L1), Collblanc (L5) and Zona Universitària (L3). The journey by metro from the airport to Barcelona takes 32 minutes and costs EUR 4.50.
The Aerobus is the direct bus from Barcelona Airport, El Prat, to Barcelona city center. It is approximately a 35 minute trip that will cost you EUR 5.90. Bus 46 is approximately a 40 minute trip to Plaça de Catalunya, and will cost you EUR 2.50.
By taxi it is approximately 20 minutes to Plaça de Catalunya, and will cost you around EUR 20. However, traffic can be dense in the city center and it might take much longer to reach your destination.
Another option is the nearby Girona Airport. There are several options to go from Girona Airport to Barcelona:
- Buses: Check the bus line from Sagalés (listed on this same page)
- Train: There are two options, by AVE (High speed train) and by Regional Train.
- AVE Train: Passengers can reach Barcelona city from Girona (Train Station).
Travel time Girona – Barcelona: 40 minutes.
- Regional Train: Line R11 connects Girona with Barcelona (Sants Station).
- Taxi: Passengers may call a taxi to reach Barcelona city from Girona airport if there are no taxicabs on the taxi rank. Phone: +34 872 975 000.
The travel should cost around €130-€140.
Estimated time: 1 hour.